The University of Utah Permanent Travel Safety and Insurance Rule (2018) requires all University travelers to enroll in University of Utah Group International Health Insurance Coverage.
University of Utah international insurance coverage is provided by Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) and contains (4) principal elements:
- CISI Health Insurance for travelers (Accident and Sickness)
- Team Assist (AXA) 24/7 Traveler Assistance (Medical, Travel and Technical)
- Emergency Medical and Security Evacuation
- International Travel Health and Safety Intelligence
Review the information below for detailed information about each component
University of Utah travelers can review the following documents for common questions regarding insurance policy coverage, benefits and claims.
University of Utah travelers have 24/7 access to medical, security and travel assistance provided though Team Assist (AXA). Team Assist representatives can be reached by phone or email at any time in order to provide emergency assistance or support.
After registering their international travel, University of Utah student travelers are provided instructions for self-enrollment in University coverage. Students pay charges for insurance coverage and travel support at the time of their self-enrollment.
- Student rates are calculated weekly for the travel up to 3 weeks in length
- Student rates are calculated monthly for travel longer than 21 days
|University of Utah International Insurance Enrollment Charges|
|Enrollment Dates||Rate Calculation||Charges|
|1-7 days||Weekly Rate||$10.55|
|8-14 days||Weekly Rate||$21.10|
|15-21 days||Weekly Rate||$31.65|
|22-35 days||Monthly Rate||$41.25|
|36-65 days||Monthly Rate||$82.50|
|66+ days||Monthly Rate||$41.25 per month|
Travelers who plan to travel internationally for non-University activities (personal/leisure travel) are always encouraged to enroll in their own international health/medical coverage.Travelers who are enrolled in University of Utah Group international insurance coverage for dates of University travel are eligible to extend their international insurance coverage up to 1-month before, or 1-month after, the dates of their recognized University travel. (Instructions for extending University group coverage for up to 1-month for personal/leisure travel dates before, or after, recognized University travel can be found here.)
University of Utah Health’s Travel Clinic is the most comprehensive travel medicine and immunization clinic in the state of Utah. For individuals, small groups, and business travelers, U of U Travel Clinic provides the following services:
- Immunizations and Travel Medications
- Appropriate immunizations and travel medications will be recommended based on an individual’s specific destination(s), duration of travel, activities, and medical conditions
- Pre- and Post-travel Consultations
- Special Services/Consultations for Groups & Business Travelers
Real-time Medical and Security travel information is available to all University of Utah travelers.
The University partners with iJET to provide country- and region-specific travel destination intelligence. Please contact the Global Risk Manager for information about accessing the University of Utah iJET travel intelligence Portal.
Questions? Contact the Global Risk Manager.