The Office for Global Engagement (OGE) has established this award to recognize faculty and staff contributions to the university’s global dimension and those who have demonstrated excellence in facilitating student global learning and intercultural understanding. This may include international partnership development that engages students, curriculum revision to include global learning outcomes, advancement of the learning of languages, and other initiatives that provide significant opportunities for global learning either on campus or abroad. It may also include providing exceptional support or mentoring to international students and students participating in learning abroad programs. One faculty member and one staff member will be awarded (two awards). This is an annual award for which OGE seeks nominations each spring semester. The award selection and ceremony is held in early April each year.
The award is based on an exemplary commitment to global engagement and internationalization, as expressed through research and creative activity, teaching, mentoring, curriculum transformation, professional service, advising/assisting students or a combination of these activities. The emphasis should be on global learning, intercultural competence, and engaging/supporting students. A focus solely on research/scholarship at the international level without an impact on students will not be considered.
- A substantial part of the activities shall have been accomplished as a faculty/staff member at the University of Utah
- The award shall be based on an accumulated record of commitment to global engagement, rather than a single project or activity
- Job description or responsibilities of faculty or staff member cannot exclusively focus on global education, international student services, learning abroad advising, and other aspects of global engagement
In addition to the Nomination Form, nominations must also include:
- Statement by the nominator regarding the nominee’s record of commitment
- Two letters of recommendation addressing the selection criteria for the award
OGE is seeking nominations from across campus from faculty, staff, and students.
The award includes $1,000, and recognition at a reception and via University of Utah publications and websites.
Send the Completed Application:
Please submit the nomination form, and letters of recommendation to email@example.com using the following form: